I. Education objectives
To meet the demand for national economic and social development, we are committed to cultivating all-round international talents of software engineering with good social morality, professional ethics and scientific literacy, a mastery of basic theoretical knowledge of software engineering, the ability and quality of being software engineers, strong practical, innovation, and teamwork ability, ability to solve increasing complex engineering problems, ability to grow, and ability to research, design, develop, operate and maintain complicated software system in companies, organizations, institutes, and government departments.
II. Requirements for graduation
Practice the socialist core values, focus on learning, contemplation, innovation, independence, cooperation, and responsibility to enable the students to have the following professionalism:
1. The ability to use mathematics, natural science, and engineering scientific analysis: can apply mathematics, the basic principles of nature science, and engineering science; can identify, express and obtain effective conclusions by doing literature research to analyze complicated engineering problem in the field of software engineering.
2. Professional basic theoretical capability: have the basic theoretical knowledge of computer and core know-how of software engineering;
3. Professional practical ability: have the ability to analyze, design, develop, test, manage, and maintain software system;
4. Ability of management and collaboration: have the ability to organize and manage projects, effectively communicate and interact with others, work with others as a team.
5. Ability to design (or develop) solution: having the ability to exploit, analyze, apply new theory and technologies, and propose innovative design plan to solve the complex and integrated information issues related to software engineering;
6. Sustainable self-learning ability: broadened international vision, cross-regional learning, and adaptation to development and changes;
7. Engineering know-how and professional ethics: having professional ethical and social responsibility and understanding the laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies related to software engineering.